Tuesday, March 01, 2016

New Year, New Army! Horus Heresy Imperial Fists

Well, it's March 1st, and we are well into the year, so I thought I'd at least better announce my plans for this year.

Along with other projects I have on the go, I'm going to be doing a slow burn build of an Imperial Fists army for the Forge World Horus Heresy rules. To start, I'll be building and painting a complete Horus Heresy Betrayal at Calth set. This will give me a good foundation for the army with the Commander, Chaplain, Cataphractii Terminator squad, Contemptor Dreadnought, and three Tactical squads.

So far I've built the first squad up as a Veteran Tactical Squad. I chose this configuration because it will allow me to play both 30K and 40K, and with the added flexibility of magnetization, I'll be able to field the unit with a diverse selection of options, or as a generic Tactical Squad per the Horus Heresy rules.

Sgt. with power fist and plasma pistol leads his squad who tote a meltagun and heavy bolter.

The remaining squad mates provide fire support with bolters.
Stay tuned for progress updates, as well as a deeper look at the interchangeable options and flexibility of the squad that comes with magnetization.


Links:
Games Workshop
Forge World

No comments:

Post a Comment